Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Of Yarny Things

Mom absolutely adored her mitts!  In truth, I got a better reaction out of her than I thought I would.  After she oohed and aahed over them, conversation turned to her Kindle cover.  She had been examining it over the weekend and she wanted to know how I had made it.  She pulled it out to look at it while I was explaining....and she had her mitts on at the time.  Suddenly, she did a double take and then put the cover against her mitts.  My reaction? "Yes, Mom, it is the same yarn."

I actually had a moment of panic on Monday while I was grocery shopping where my brain thought, "Oh shit! I didn't get a present!"  And then right there, in the middle of the store and out loud, I said, "Stupid Kris.  You have the mitts."  Then I had to chuckle at myself because I completely forgot about them for a couple of seconds there.  I'm not used to finishing things early.  In the few instances in which I have, I've been exceedingly grateful that I'm done before the deadline.  I really need to try to do more of that.

And speaking of making things... One of my coworkers is having another baby.  Well, his wife is. :)  This was the one where I tried and tried to make a baby blanket and then I ended up finding one I had made and forgot about years ago.  But they found out today they are having a boy.  Which apparently surprised the crap out of him, because he thought he'd only ever make girls.  The baby is due in July, so I have plenty of time, thank goodness.  But I already know what kind of yarn I'm going to get.

But Izzy's shawl first.  And then the other mitten for the BFF.  And then I can start thinking about things for a baby blanket.  


2 comments:

  1. "The baby is due in July, so I have plenty of time, thank goodness."

    I'll remind you that you said this when you're rushing to get it finished at the beginning of July! :D

    ReplyDelete