Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Well Then

There's no help for it.  I have to scrap Izzy's shawl and start over again.  But at least this time I know what I'm doing, I understand the rhythm of things, and I think I'll be able to do it well.  It's always a possibility, with a new pattern, that you don't understand what's going on until you actually work it.  Even though I read through it first and tried to visualize what was going on, what I thought I "saw" was not quite what was happening.  Now that I've actually worked it and caught the repeat-y-ness of it, I can make it without jacking it up, missing stitches that need to be there, and making it a funny shape.  That's next on my agenda as Izzy has patiently waited long enough.  I think I may be able to accomplish a great deal by the end of the weekend and my goal is to have both that and the mitts finished by next weekend.

Actually writing words on the page is going to have to take a back seat until I get those two things done.  But even though both things require a bit of concentration, I can devote at least part of my brain cells to plotting and planning while I work.  So really, that's the best of both worlds.

I have a busy weekend ahead of me.  A book I've been waiting for is being released on Friday, watching the babies on Saturday, and needing to yarn.  Fortunately, I've taken Monday off from work to kind of recuperate.  And the Dr. Feelgood anthology is released Monday...I have a story included in it, Hero WorshipI adore Matt and Alex and I love their story.  The entire anthology is filled with great shorts about finding love with men in the medical profession.  It's a really fun compilation of stories.

And thankfully, the snow has stopped for the time being.  My drive home from work last night was terrifying, but it's clear today.  Cold, very cold, but clear.  As much as I love having four distinct seasons and yes, even enjoy the snow, days like yesterday make me want to move somewhere where there is no snow.  Probably never happen though.  

And that's it for me for now.  Hope y'all are doing well! 

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck on shawl mark 2. :)

    I don't envy you driving in that kind of weather. *shiver*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. Thanks!

      And yeah, it's scary. Especially because I have a little car...

      Delete
  2. Hope the book launch goes well! Enjoy your knitting; perfect for winter weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helena! I appreciate that.

      I got a new audiobook for the occasion. So I'm set to knit this weekend!

      Delete