Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, August 4, 2014

Ren Faire Recap

So yesterday kind of got away from me, what with the napping and all (*G*) and it wasn't until later in the evening that I realized I hadn't put up my Renaissance Faire recap post.  *shakes head*

We got a tiny bit lost on the way there, because the directions were shitty and we thought we were looking for a landmark that we weren't going to see because we came in from a slightly different direction.  Thankfully the GPS on the phone sorted us out and we were good to go.  We arrived only two minutes late.  Now really, there is no "late" because it's an all day affair and people come and go as they please but...

Anyway, we wandered.  We ate.  We saw all sorts of stuff.  Like the caber toss, and the pipe and drum band.  The queen and her court.  Pretty people in pretty clothes and talented artisans at work.  I spent too much money but most of it was on Tato for his birthday later this week.  But the rest was on me.  :)

It was a gorgeous day, and we had a really great time just wandering.  Sis and Toby were ready to go before I was, but we meandered slowly back toward the front gate, and Toby bought a hat, and then they were really ready to go so I conceded.  It ended up that it was a good thing, because we hadn't been gone more than twenty minutes before the sky opened up and let loose a deluge.  We would have gotten soaked.  And I'm sure a great many people did.

The only sad part was that the plot bunnies didn't seem to be out playing on Saturday at all.  I got nothing, or nearly nothing.  It's a rare occurrence, and it was a bit disappointing. But if I'm honest, as I look back on it now, there are few things I could work with...

But it was great, we had a fantastic time,  and I'm so glad we went.  I'd love to go again before it closed for the summer, but I just can't afford it.  *sad face*  Oh well, there's always next year!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you timed the leaving right and beat the rain! Sounds like a nice fun, relaxed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day...and we were rather pleased with our timing! :)

      Delete