Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Yarn, She Beckons

Okay, yeah, you know I'm sometimes I'm a fickle yarner.  Sometimes, the pretty things catch my eye and then...I just have to make stuff even though I should be making other stuff.

So I started this blanket.  I found this really easy pattern, and I didn't think it was going to be anything exciting, but I was going to use up some of my old yarn (that was once going to be a sweater for me) and by a bit of other yarn.  And in the end, it'll be a blanket for the BFF.  But here's the thing...

I really want to keep it.

I love it.  I really, really do.  I love it so much.  There isn't even anything too special about it but I just...love it.  It's knitted, which is fun.  And it's got peaks and valleys, which is more fun.  And it's just really lovely.  And I want it.

But no, it's for the BFF.  Because it's purple and that's her color.  And I want her to have it.  I really, really do.  

So I thought to myself, I'll just make another one for me when I'm done, right?  But that dreaded SSS comes into play, and I don't usually want to make the same thing twice.  And I'm only about five inches in on this one so far, and I know I'm going to get bored with it before I'm half finished and just want it done as happens to me whenever I make anything at all.

But the BFF only has one blanket from me.  And that was a very particular, special gift.  It was a Slyterin blanket, with a big S that was a snake and it was crocheted in the afghan stitch and it was a bitch. But it was awesome when it was done.  

And you know my track record with blankets. Okay, you know my track record with Sis's blankets.  But this one calls to me.  It wants to be made.  And even though I'll be giving it away eventually, I really, really love it.  And I can't wait to see it when it's done.  

2 comments:

  1. 'The Fickle Yarner' - that would be a great title for a blog, if you ever fancy a change! :)

    ReplyDelete