Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Scoop

I've been missing for a bit. 

There's been a lot going on. I feel like I'm in a vortex at work, and it's emotionally taxing.  I come home at the end of the day feeling very drained.  It's too complicated to get into, but I'm just trying to keep my head above water, improve, and do the best that I can.  I don't know how successful I'm being.  But when I walk out of the building at night, it's like a temporary reprieve until I have to go back and do it again.  Something has to give there, and I fear it might be me, but I'm slowly working on changing things.  We shall see how it all shakes out.

I wound all my hanks into balls.  I'm telling you, that swift was one of the best investments I've ever made.  I still love that blanket with the fiery passion of a thousand suns, and I love it even more now that I've started putting on the new stripe of color.  It's purple and white, and the purple is pretty dark.  So even though I already adored the stitches and pattern, being able to see it really well in the lighter color makes me even happier.  I still want to keep it.  But the BFF saw it--I can't keep secrets *blushes*--and she loves it a lot a lot too.  And it's for her.

I've been experiencing a lot of highs and lows this week.  One minute feeling elated, then next very sad.  Okay, not quite that extreme or that often.  But it has been a bit of a roller coaster.  Which doesn't help with my feeling tired at the end of the day.  I can pin point a lot of reasons for the feelings, so that's good.  Right now I just have to ride it out.  But it's making me fall into bed a lot earlier than normal.  And it's making me feel like not doing a whole lot when I get home.  I haven't done much this week but read some--and reread some favorites--and yarn a little bit.  Very little is holding my interest.  I know it will pass, though.  

Anyway, I'm a bit of a mess, but I'll get through it and it'll be good again.  Just keep plugging along, doing my best, and trying to make all my hours worth it.  

It doesn't hurt that there's a long weekend this weekend, and no plans in sight!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're enjoying a peaceful weekend, knitting and re-charging.

    ReplyDelete