Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Call

My sister is out of town this weekend on a "girls" weekend with on of her closest friends. So when she called at 9:30 last night, out of the blue, my heart leapt into my throat. She doesn't call, she texts. So I got worried. And when she connected in the baby mama of the little ones we used to watch every weekend, and baby mama was crying pretty hard, I got even more worried.  But of course she could bring the kids over, no explanation. You need us, we're there.

Baby Mama needed to get the little ones out of the house because she was confronting and kicking out baby daddy. Who's been out of jail a month. Who was trying to get back with his ex while staying with baby mama and lying all over the place. So that's a good thing. And honestly I hope it sticks because that asshole isn't good for that little family. Though I do understand why she stood by him previously, if only in the abstract. She loves him, he's her children's father, and she wanted her little family together. But no one needs a lying cheating not exactly reformed ex convict in their lives.

If he'd changed and was trying to be better, that's one thing. Since he wasn't?  Bye bye.

Anyway, it did interrupt a god awful movie that was so bad it hurt. So that was a relief. And by the time she came to get them at half past midnight, I'd had them sleeping for about two hours. And they stayed asleep as she bundled them into the car.

She'll be okay. She's the resilient sort and she's basically been raising them herself their entire wee lives because he's been in jail. She'll handle it.

And Sis and I will help with the babysitting duties.

2 comments:

  1. Hope it all goes well for them. She's lucky to have you and your family to help her out, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very happy to help. And I'm sure she appreciates the good vibes!

      Delete