Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Sneak Attack Spending

Went a little, tiny, wee bit crazy spending money this past weekend.  

Well, really it started on Wednesday when I ordered tea direct from Bigelow because that was the only way I could get my two favorites, Constant Comment and English Breakfast, in loose leaf.  At the store here, they only have Twinings in loose leaf and while it's all right, I much prefer Bigelow.  (It arrived yesterday, and that pot of tea was one of the best I've ever had)

Then Thursday night, I ordered a spoon.  Yeah, you heard me.  A stainless steel teaspoon for the express purpose of scooping my tea.  It should arrive today.

And then Friday night...well, I finally ordered a swift.  Now, swifts are sort of necessary to wind balls of yarn from hanks.  Unless you have someone willing to hold the hank for you.  Which I don't.  I've been making do, but it's been a pain.  And I couldn't justify spending 50 or 60 dollars on a swift just to make my life a bit easier when I don't really need it that much.  Only I ordered yarn, in yanks, and I have a few other hanks to ball up and...well, I went looking.  Turns out I could get a wooden Amish style swift for less than the plastic umbrella style ones.  I was sold.  I tried to be good, but I caved and bought it.  It also should arrive today.

Then Saturday it was the farmer's market and fresh produce and vegetables.  And then to the home improvement store for the flowers I planted.  And out to lunch with Sis.

And Sunday?  Sunday there were books.

So yeah, I sneak attack spent way too much money because it was a little here and a little there and before I knew it...too much.

Now I have to be a very good girl for weeks!  

I can do it.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey, those all sound like good things to spend your money on.

    ReplyDelete