Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Garden

I didn't plant the front garden this year because of the little hellions next door and the fact that they would pull up the flowers.  Then the family moved out, but I still didn't do anything with it.  It's a mass of weeds, a really huge thistle...and some gladiolas.  

I thought I had pulled up all my glads last year when I planted.  I was over it, and they weren't planted deep enough to stand up straight once the flowers bloomed.  (Yeah, that's on me)  But I was over the glads, so I thought I had pulled them all up.  It turns out I didn't, and about five sprung up this year.  Only three actually bloomed, and they somehow got clumped together, but they were really pretty.  It was a nice splash of color in the mass of weeds, and glads are really gorgeous.

But now that the flowers are starting to fade, I really am going to pull them up.  Them and all the other weeds living in that garden.  And trying to choke the rose bush.  It's a yard clean up kind of day.  

I'm actually looking forward to it.  

2 comments:

  1. It'll be very satisfying when it's done, I bet. :)

    ReplyDelete