Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, March 23, 2012

the best laid plans

I totally broke my yarn buying hiatus.  In my defense, it really didn't count.  I was spending my gift certificate to my LYS  I walked around and around....and around and around and around..that store for a long time.  I really love it in there.  So many wonderful yarns!  Finally I settled on some Rowan Cocoon in a pretty not quite slate blue.  When I saw the price, I was all O.O!  But then I remembered I was spending gift money and that if ever there were a time to splurge it would be then.  So I got it and it will, eventually. be a scarf for me, probably knitted on over sized needles and in some sort of lacy, openwork pattern in order for the fabulous yarn to stretch that much further.  

Sis and I spent some quality yarn time together yesterday.  I taught her a new pattern and then once she was comfortable enough that I didn't have to watch her every second (she gets paranoid she's doing something wrong) I got my own work out.  I dropped the f bomb a lot, because apparently I forgot how to count, but it was a good time.  Sis is very entertaining, even when she doesn't mean to be!

But tonight?  Tonight I'm taking a break from all things yarn because the voices (oh good Lord, the voices) have been quite raucous.  If I don't get them down on the page, they will be insufferable, and I need the rest of the weekend to finish (I hope!) C-Lou's afghan.

Wish me luck.  But only the good kind, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment