Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

So Pretty!


Guess what I've been thinking about today?  

Yeah, it's not a surprise, I know.  I found this pic of these pretty, delicious, yarns.   All I can think is: I WANT!  Of course, I have much too much in the pipeline right now.  I'm on a yarn buying hiatus.  Because there are many things that I need to get done before I can buy myself anything new.  But aren't they sumptuous?!


My problem is, when I see a fabulous yarn, my gray matter immediately starts imagining exactly all the wonderful things the yarn can become.  In that picture right there?  I can see a pair of sock, several different scarves, a hat (or three), and if I get really ambitious, a sweater.  And the color pallet?  Swoon!  My very favorite blues and purples!  

But alas!  None of that is to be right now.  I'm nearly done with C-Lou's afghan.  And then I have a couple more to make.  One of them is for me!  I'm very excited about that one as it is made with knitted mitered squares in some fabulous Noro Silk, which is then coupled with crocheted borders.  But it waits until I finish other things.  So I am working hard to make that happen.

Carpal Tunnel be damned!



No comments:

Post a Comment