Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Out of Sorts

It has been a strange day.  There was a weirdness in the air.  I'm coming up on my last day at my current job (this Friday) and I'm really learning the meaning of bittersweet first hand.  I'm excited about the next endeavor in my life.  I am also very sad to be leaving my current job...and my coworkers.  That's the hard part for me.  They are my friends and to leave them makes my heart heavy.  Fortunately, they are all happy for me, even if they threaten not to let me leave, and I am touched beyond words.  But when I am emotional, it makes me very sleepy.

Spent a little time with some extended family tonight (and got some baby snuggles!), which was nice, but family time is always a little stressful.  It also means that I didn't get any crocheting done yet.  And I know I really should pick it up, because I've given myself a deadline, but...well, I'm totally feeling apathetic.  So I'm telling myself that I will soon be shutting down my computer and working at least one round on the afghan before crashing for the night.

I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with my brain tonight, but I can't seem to focus on anything.  I need to get re centered.  A few hours with the task of crocheting should help.  It's easy stitches, with just a bit of counting involved, so it should help me zone out and settle.  I know I won't sleep if I don't get the gray matter under control.  I really need to be able to sleep well tonight, because a tired girl makes for an incredibly cranky girl.  And no one likes me when I'm cranky.

So, to sum up:  a few hours with the yarn to get the out of sorts back into sorts so that I can sleep peacefully instead of tossing and turning and praying for sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment