Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Bittersweet Symphony

Last day of the job is over and done with.  I hardly got anything accomplished and I actually feel bad about that.  Not sure why.  It's not like it effects me at all.  Except that I adore my coworkers, so it's probably residual guilt at having left them with a wee tiny bit of a mess.  Fortunately, they will forgive me for it.  

They surprised me with lunch (which was yummy) and cake (which was very nice) and overwhelmed me with a gift so generous...they know me well and got me two gift cards to craft stores!  I was blown away and if I hadn't been sitting when I opened them I would have fallen right to the floor.  So very incredibly generous.  I am so touched and thankful and grateful...I can't even put it into words.  Even a couple of the bosses who have taken pains to avoid me these last two weeks took a moment to wish me well and tell me that I will be missed.  I was able to keep myself together enough that I only got choked up and didn't cry outright, so points to me.

And the good thing is that I now get to go shopping.  I've had my eye on a few notions that I've always wanted but felt were frivolous.  I'm going for it now.  That's why gift card money is so very amazing.  And before the week is done, I will send out thank you notes.  Thank you are two of the most powerful words in the universe when they are used with sincerity.  And I am to do just that.  Hopefully, I will able to express my heartfelt thanks with grace and aplomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment