Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Bored O'Clock

The BFF and I have our own way of telling time.  Monday - Friday, 8:00 to 4:30?  That's bored o'clock.

The day job is boring. I like the job (mostly) and I do the job well (also, mostly).  But a good portion of my day is the same exact thing, every single day.  And while that appeals to the part of me that is mildly OCD (same order of things, everyday!), it can be very boring.  But there is a bright side!  Because while part of my brain is thoroughly engaged in doing the job, the other part of my brain is free to roam wild.  I'm pretty sure it's the left side that does the wandering.

You may have an idea as to where the other part of my brain goes.  I spend a great deal of time thinking about yarn.  But not just yarn, colors, patterns, stitches.  There are days when I have completely designed entire garments or afghans several times over.  It's constantly changing in my head.  And if I have a particularly boring day?  Then I finish the work day with several projects planned...and replanned...and a list of supplies needed.  These projects don't always make it to fruition.  But I love to plan, to think, to imagine.


Imagination is the key.  Without that, none of this would be possible.  So while bored o'clock is happening, I'm counting down the minutes until it's over.  But as soon as it is, I'm thankful.  Thank goodness I have bored o'clock.  Because without it, I'd never think of anything at all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment