Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Baby Blanket


Ta Da!  Baby blanket is done!  

You didn't think I'd do it, did ya?  But it's done and with plenty of time to spare.  I worked it with uneven stripes because I thought it gave it a fun and funky twist.  Just a little something different to give it a little flair.  So that's another project I can cross off the list!  Go Me!

And yes, working on it, without thinking too much, getting lost in the repetitive nature of the stitches...it really helped to center me.  I'm feeling better than I have in a couple of weeks.  And that is a great feeling.  

4 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful, unusual blanket! I love the colours you used. What pattern is it, please? Or could you give me a Ravelry link? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea if it's on Ravelery. This is a pattern a friend gave me that I adapted a little. It's crochet. But I can create a knit one if you want. If you'd like, send me an email with the contact form and I'll email you back the pattern of your choice :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks -- I won't put you to the trouble, since I just wanted to save the reference for the next time a friend has a baby. None are due, so don't worry! Funnily enough I thought it looked like a crocheted blanket, so I'm not surprised to hear that was its origin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's hard to tell from pictures. :). Let me know if you change your mind!

      Delete