Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Cat and Yarn

 I came downstairs to this last night.  Apparently, Simon felt it was necessary to guard the salsa.  Actually, he's got this thing about being on counters.  That counter in particular.  It's like that his spot.  We tried to break him of the habit when we first got him.  We tried the evil squirt gun trick, but this cat actually likes water so that didn't work.  We tried positive reinforcement when he got down.  We tried just picking him up and moving him. But nothing worked.  Now, we just wipe down the counter when he gets down.  Why yes, we do spoil our cats, thank you for asking.  




And this was how I spent the majority of my weekend.  Some of the colors, unfortunately, are a little washed out, and I had a hell of a time trying to decide how to arrange the squares.  But Sis came to the rescue, and that's what she decided.  I had actually made the colored part of the squares a year or two ago.  And then it languished in unfinished land.  But I finally got inspired to finish it up.  It's my first truly knit/crochet combo pattern.  Really, it's simple enough.  I knitted the mitered squares, then crocheted around them in black, and crocheted them together.  It's not completely done yet, as you can tell.  You can see how it's still scunchy in some parts, because it needs to be blocked.  And I'm not done with the crocheted boarders.  It's about 30" X 40" right now, not very big.  But I'm going to make it bigger with the boarders until it's a nice lap size.  And then I can drape it over my legs while I sit and read.  That's the plan anyway.  

The good news is, I like it a hell of a lot better than I thought I would!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I like that. It's lovely and abstract and bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too! And it's definitely a splash of color, brightening up the place.

      Delete