Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Decompressing

It seems we jumped over spring weather a bit.  Normally, we have several months of 60 and 70 degree weather before the humidity really climbs and we spend our days in the 80's and 90's.  But we've had some really hot days, though not quite as humid as it can get, and I have to say, I'm a little cranky with it.  I just have to remember how cold it was this winter, though, to appreciate the warmth.

But it sure makes me glad the next project up on my docket is the baby blanket.  

It's a small thing, relatively speaking, so it won't be all over my lap for a long period of time.  And they usually work up pretty quickly, especially with the yarn I'm going to use, so I'll be done in a matter of hours (maybe 10 or 12 of them) instead of days or weeks.  I'm almost entirely certain which pattern I'm going to use.  I even know right where it is!  As I'm feeling right now, I intend to start that tonight.  Put the TV on in the background and lose myself in the yarn.

I'm in need of some decompression time.  I haven't quite managed to get myself back to an even keel after all the craziness and emotional upheaval of the last week or so.  So I'm hoping that the easy and repetitive task of crocheting will help to center me.  It's worked in the past.  I expect it to work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment