Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Status Report

What I can tell you with absolute fact is that law school graduations are boring as all hell.  Even when there's a great deal of excitement surrounding them, they are still incredibly boring.  But I made it through, and I was extremely glad I was there.  And afterwards we had a lovely dinner out with all the best parts of the family in celebration.  
But I was glad when it was over, and all the excitement had died down.  There was an insane amount of hoopla, and chaos (though it was the good kind) and I was much relieved for it all to be over and I could decompress.  It's hard for me to be always "on" and I don't handle the whole thing very well.  There were moments where I had to "check out" for a bit.  Just get lost in my own head and block out everything that was going on around me.  

That doesn't mean that I wasn't taking notes about all the social interaction and people watching, and mentally plopping people into new stories, of course.  

The weekend felt a lot more hectic than it actually was.  Really, after the craziness of Friday, it was fairly low key.  Got to spend time with my baby brother (half brother, if you want to get technical), who flew in as a surprise for Brub, and who we don't get to see very often because he lives half way across the country.  In fact, it's been about four years since we last laid eyes on him.  But he's a fantastic human being (despite by whom he was raised) and he was a joy to have here.  And despite that he's younger than me by 14 years, he's quite a bit taller and kept a close, protective eye on his big sister.  He's one of the big reasons why I was able to stay sane in all the chaos.  

Now, life can get back to normal again, which will be nice.  And I can get back to the yarn and the words, without this looming over my head.  There is much work to be done.  And I'm looking forward to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment