Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Spring Clean

I did a bit of Spring cleaning last night.  

While I'm not a fan of the actual process of cleaning, and admittedly often let it go too long, once it's all done?  Ah, that's a good feeling.  There's that sense of accomplishment that's just awesome.  And everything just looks better all neat and tidy.  

I'm a bit of a clutter-hound.  Everything just sort of piles up on surfaces.  I set things on the table when I'm done with them, or toss the wrapper or that extra bit of yarn there because I don't want to get up just yet, and then it stays there until eventually I get around to putting it away or tossing it in the trash.  Yeah, I'm one of those people.

But I went through and did a lot of picking up, and tossing, last night.  I dusted.  I vacuumed.  I even ran the wet mop over the floors.  And now everything is neat and tidy, and it looks good and feels good.  And I am happy.

Really shouldn't let it go as long next time.

We had some gorgeous weather earlier this week, and even though it's cold and a bit damp today (it rained all day yesterday and that's still lingering in the air) I have the windows open so the fresh breeze and blow through and freshen everything up.  And there's still a hint of rain on the air, and it smells good.  

All in all, I'm absolutely enjoying my morning.  Sitting in the nice clean house, with the windows open and a fresh breeze, and drinking my coffee.  Now all I need is a good book, and I'll be all set.

Hope everyone is set to enjoy the crap out of their weekends too!  May it be a good one for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment