Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pomp and Circumstance

I'm not doing so well on the whole putting up posts thing, am I?

I've been very scattered lately.  I'm having trouble focusing on any one thing for any length of time.  

On top of that, there's a big to-do tomorrow: Brub graduates from Law School!  Huzzah!  We're all super proud of him, and very excited for him and his future.  But it's not the ceremony, of course.  After that, there's a party.  As well there should be.

But you know me and crowds...

So I'm not looking forward to all the hoopla of the afterwards.  Big crowds of people, needing to be "on" and socializing...Yeah, I'm shuddering just thinking about it.  I can fake it, but I'm going to be drained--physically and emotionally--by the end of it.

On top of all that, there's more drama...the kind that hurt me several weeks ago.  I'm not going to hash it all out, but I'm certainly having to shore myself up, be brave, and do what is best for me.  I don't want a confrontation, that serves no one, so I'm going to have to employ the "walk away" technique. I've been visualizing it in my head, so I think that if the need should arise, I'll be able to tactfully say that I don't have to take that kind of attitude/abuse, and then walk away.

But at any rate: Graduation!  Yay Brub!  Congrats!

2 comments:

  1. Just keep breathing deep and taking notes for future stories. Remember family fallings out can make good dramatic scenes. ;0) Ah no, really I have my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly tomorrow and Brub has a good time after all his hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think that he will, and really that's all that matters.

      You're not wrong about future stories though... lol

      Delete