Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Social Interaction

Okay.

Family arriving in a few hours, and then...socializing.  Ugh.  It always turns into a big thing, which I can sort of understand because it's not all that often that they come down but...ugh again.

This afternoon, we're headed off to Auntie's house for pizza and wings and all sorts of hanging out.  Mostly, I'd rather just skip it.  But the guilt is strong in me so I feel I must go.  At least I like all these people, and that makes it a tiny bit easier.  But the house will be full and I'll be ready to crawl out of my skin and desperate to get home.  

I'm working on piecing together an lapghan I started a really long time ago, and now I'm anxious to get it done.  So, of course, this just interrupts that.  But I'll spend a few hours of my life talking with people, and then I'll be able to escape and hide again.  And that'll be a relief. 

But in the meantime, I have to shore myself up.  Because I don't do well in crowds, even when it's a crowd of people I like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment