Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Weirdness of Cats

Simon loves the bathroom.  I'm pretty sure it's his favorite room in the whole house.  And when I find him asleep in the dirty clothes basket, well, that I can understand.  But when he's stretched out on the bathmat in front of the sink, I have to wonder why.  It's not a cushy one, it's thin like a towel, so why does he like to lay there?  He also likes to sit on the counter next to the sink.  

And if I have to go pee?  He races me in and then hides behind the toliet like I can't see him.  Then the instant I sit down, he comes out like "Surprise!" and rubs up against my legs, wanting pets.  Then gets mad when I'm done and get up and walk away.

He knows the bathroom is a source of water, and since we spoil him, when he jumps up on the sink and sticks his face under the socket, we'll turn the water on to a trickle so he can drink.  And this is one cat who doesn't hate water.  Oh no, not Simon.  He likes to jump in the bathtub after someone has had a shower so he can play in the puddle.  And when he's on the sink and in my face when I wash my hands, I'll pour water over his head and he just closes his eyes likes it's the most awesome thing ever.  

This morning when I locked him out of the bathroom, he sat outside the door and yowled like I had mortally offended him for not letting him in.  He's got quite a yowl too, as he is half Siamese and sometimes makes those weird calls that Siamese are prone too, but they are tempered and twisted a bit from his tabby half.  When I was done, and opened the door, he gave me that indignant cat glare, walked in haughtily, and flopped down on the bath mat.  I don't think he appreciated my laughter, because he didn't beg for pets.  

Cats are strange.  Mine are at the top of the list.

Here's my boy: Looking regal.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet face he has. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's pretty and he knows it. Uses it to is advantage all the time. :)

      Delete