Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Foiled!

The great tree plan of this weekend was foiled by well meaning members of the family who really want to help.  What that resulted in was the tree not getting up and decorated.  At all.  I'm trying not to be upset about it.  I'm trying very very hard to just roll with it and say, "OK fine, then let's make a plan to get it up and decorated." But the truth is...

The truth is, I am upset about it.

And the reason is simple.  This has happened in the past.  A lot.  For years now, I make the big plan and then it's "no, I want to help and I can't do it that day," or "let's not do it tonight, let's do it later." And then?  Then, I end up doing it myself.  Because, when it comes to the day, and even though everyone is there, I still end up having to do it all myself while they sit and watch me.

Except...

Well, I guess that's sort of tradition now too.  So I guess that I shouldn't be upset about it at all.  It's how it always goes and that appeals to the part of me that likes things the same year to year.  And at least, if I do it, then I know the ornaments get put where I like them to be.  And the lights will go on just how I like.  So, I guess it's a good thing after all, huh?

Izzy's party tonight, which will be fun.  And then home to bake some apple bread because our office party is tomorrow and we're going to have food all day.  And maybe while the bread is in the oven, I can convince the family to watch me put up the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment