Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Guilty Pleasure

I have more than my fair share of them.  It's true.  But, in keeping with the holiday theme, I will tell you about one of my absolute favorites: holiday themed romances.

I'm a total sucker for the love story that takes place at the holidays, Christmas in particular.  Hallmark channel is great at providing multiple movies on the weekends and even during the week.  My DVR gets filled with them during this time of year.  ABC Family usually has some, too.  And of course, I buy DVD's and books galore that have the theme.  Romance set at Christmas time never fails to be a trope that I love.  It doesn't matter if the acting or writing is bad (which, fortunately, is very infrequent), I still love them.  There's the classic meeting at the right time with unforeseen circumstances keeping them together for the holiday celebration or the getting together under the guise of saying they are together to appease their families while falling unknowingly in love.  And there are the ones where an established couple strive to make the holiday special for each other, or reconnect again, or put up with the hellish family gathering while trying to stay together.

It doesn't matter what, holiday themed romances are one of my greatest guilty pleasures.  

Dreamspinner Press has a yearly "advent calendar" and releases holiday themed m/m romances at this time of year.  All are available now, but you can also buy the whole set for automatic delievery of one story a day.  It makes my day to wake up and find one waiting for me. 

Feels Like Home  by Rowan McAllister was one that made me smile because it was cute.  Eight Days by Cardeno C. was just released and I adored it.  Puppy, Car, and Snow by Amy Lane is one of my all time favorites as is her just released Turkey in the Snow.  All can be found at Dreamspinner Press.

As for movies?  Holiday in Handcuffs with Melissa Joan Hart and Mario Lopez never fails to make me laugh.  Snow with Tom Cavanaugh and Ashley Williams is also adorable.  And there is the timeless Love, Actually which centers around the Christmas season and follows multiple characters as they navigate the waters of love.  

It doesn't matter the story, or the characters, or what brings them together.  If it's about love at Christmastime, I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment