Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Well, then...

I had intended for a Merry Christmas post to go up yesterday wishing everyone a joyous holiday season but alas, I didn't schedule it right and it never went.  Sometimes, I'm painfully stupid about things like that.  So I'll say it now...

I hope everyone has a joyous holiday season filled with love and peace.

That said, here's what's going on...

My dear aunt who would have been at our house sharing the Christmas meal with us, fell down the stairs last week and, because she's bruised and a little bit broken, did not feel up to going out yesterday.  Instead, we packed up dessert and presents and traipsed over to her house so that we could celebrate some of the day with her.  She was well pleased to see us and it was a fun couple of hours.  She made me this wicked cool set of crochet hook and knitting needle wraps that keep them all contained.  Auntie is the craftiest person I know (as in she does a lot of crafts☺) and Sis and I take great joy in sharing things with her.

I whipped up an awesome scarf from some of the left over homespun thick and quick for my cousin.  May I say that it makes a luscious and wonderful scarf?  Highly recommended.

Santa brought me a lot of nifty gifites and though that was great fun (I think I reverted in age about 20 years) the absolute best part of the day was spending it with my family.  Dinner was wonderful and simply just hanging out with them was so very nice and needed.  I feel like my batteries are recharged.

The BFF got me the coolest thing!  Its a heated blanket that get it's power from USB cable.  I sweartogod!  I just plug it into an empty port on my laptop while reading or writing and my lap (or feet or shoulders) get all warm and toasty.  Seriously awesome. 

In other news, I'm getting a lot of pressure from my loyal fans (read: siblings, the BFF, and my  beta reader) to write something with the express intention of getting it published.  They are being very adamant about it.  I appreciate the support but it's also a little daunting.  That being said, I am sorting through plot bunnies and looking at avenues.  I don't want to say much about it now because I'm afraid of jinxing myself but I'll keep you posted when something develops.

I cannot believe that yet another year is about to close.  I'm looking forward to 2013.  My brain is already spinning with all the things I hope to accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment