Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Learn To Say No

I am not so good at that.  People ask me for things and, of course, I say yes.  And sometimes I get myself in hot water because of it.  Suddenly, there's a deadline looming and I have to scramble and stay up late and be cranky.  Most of the time, it's yarn stuff of course.  Someone wants something and the next thing I know, I've got no time (because I admittedly like to procrastinate) and I have to just get it done.  And every time I do this to myself, I swear I'm not going to do it again.  Yeah, I didn't learn my lesson once again.

I sent the BFF a text and said, "I've really got to learn to say no."  Her immediate response? "What do you have to make now?"

It's really not a big deal this time around.  One scarf.  That's it.  The ruffly kind that I made before.  Won't take me hardly any time at all.  But it's a slippery slope and the next thing I know...I'm scared that someone else will ask for something and yes will pop out of my mouth before my brain kicks in.  

I've really got to learn to say no.  I just don't know if I have it in me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment