Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Yesterday it was cold and a tiny bit rainy and for like, a second and a half, it snowed.  It was gone about three seconds after that.  We haven't had any substantial snow fall at all yet.  But this morning I woke up and squeed!

There was several inches on the ground and it was still snowing!

Now, I hate driving in the snow as much as the next person.  And it never fails that there are people out there who apparently forgot what it was like since last winter and don't brush off their cars properly or hit the gas way too hard and go fishtailing or any number of other idiotic things.  And of course I would rather not shovel or snow blow or whatever else to move the snow from the driveway and sidewalks.  

But I actually like the snow.  Not tons and tons of it.  And not for six months (yes, that has happened here on occasion).  But during this time of year especially, I like a little snow.  If I had my way it would snow from the day after Thanksgiving to the second of January and only fall on the grass, the trees, and the rooftops.  Is that too much to ask?

Yeah, I know it is.  But I'm very pleased that we got snow and I'm pretty sure it'll stick around for a few days because yes, I love snow on Christmas.  

And tonight, the festivities begin with the BFF Christmas!  Presents and snacks and wine and Love, Actually and maybe more Christmas themed movies. It's going to be wonderful just hanging out and having flop time and watching our movie and just chillin'.  I'm very much a lot looking forward to it.  

And there is snow outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment