Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Snow, Snow, and More Snow

Last winter, it was hardly winter at all.  My hometown still won for the most snowfall in the state, but that wasn't saying a lot.  We bought a new snowblower and never, ever had to use it.  The other day, that changed.  I finally got the snowblower out, managed to get it running for the first time, and about a minute and half later, ran over the hose which I had no idea was lying on the ground.  In the process, the sheer pin broke on one side of the auger.  Now, apparently that's what a sheer pin is supposed to do.  It breaks off and stops the auger so that you don't ruin your engine.  I had no idea this even existed.  Fortunately, my uncle is a genius and he came over and together we replaced the sheer pin and got on with the blowing of the snow.  And now I can replace it should it ever break again.

The snow is still coming down, though much lighter and at less of a pace than before.  I had forgotten, given last years mild winter, just how much snow we could get around here.  Part of me loves it.  I'm a fan of snow.  But only when the roads are clear and I don't have to shovel and snowblow.  Because seriously?  Every part of me hurts after the last couple of days.  Muscles not used to working in that way.  I can barely lift my arms.

In other good news, last night I finished writing a short story!  It was the first time I've ever written anything of this length.  I've done a lot shorter and much, much longer.  But never anything like this.  Right now, it's in the hands of my beta readers and I'm awaiting feedback from all quarters (thirds?).  Once they tell me where the problems are, I can fix.  We'll see what they say.

I'm also very much looking forward to a nap in a bit.  I love naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment