Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Advent

It's December first and that means it's the start of advent.  Now, I still consider myself Catholic even though I haven't been to church much lately.  It has more to do with my church itself than anything else and needing to find a new one, but that's another story.  This is about advent and how it's always been my favorite time of the liturgical year.  I always loved going to church, watching the advent wreath being lit at the start of mass, the hymns we sang at this time of year, and the anticipation of getting ready to celebrate Christmas.  I'm not good at waiting, like at all, but somehow, this four weeks never bother me.

I think it's because as much as I hate waiting, I love getting ready.  And that's what its all about.  Even though I won't be doing a lot of that in church this December, I will still be preparing myself to celebrate the holiday.  And Christmas, for me, is about spending time with my family and remembering all the things the holiday is really about.  OK, yes, there will be presents but that's not the whole deal, and that's what I love.  The whole spirit of the season.  It's about giving of yourself and about family and about kindness and generosity and love.  

It's my favorite time of year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment