Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, December 14, 2012

The "No" word

Yeah.  I did it again.  Someone asked if I could make something and without hesitating, without thought, I said, "Of course I can!" I swear, I always tell myself I'm not going to do it but...I don't know if it's my need for praise, or my need to help, or just an excuse to make something new.  At any rate, there's no pressure which is nice.  And I'm making a lapghan in Lion Brand's new Homespun Thick and Quick.  You can check it out here Homespun Thick and Quick. 

It's really super chunky and it will hardly take anytime to work up.  That I'm incredibly excited about.  And it's something I've never worked with before.  Well, I have made many a thing in homespun (it's one of my favorite yarns) but this new version is even thicker and cushier.  Big hook, I'm thinking an N or a P, and I'll be done in no time.  My brain immediately went into auto pilot, the yarn muse into overdrive, and I think I've thought of a pattern that will work quickly without being too heavy or too light.  I have to see how the yarn behaves first, but I'm thinking it can't be too different from Homespun original, right?

So, even though I couldn't say the no word, I at least get to play with a new yarn.  And when she says thank you, I will simply say you're welcome.  Because I don't need the extra validation.  I want it.  But I don't actually need it.  Right?

2 comments: