Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Baby Knits

So.  Here's the thing right?

We're having the baby shower for my brother and his baby mama and the soon to be nephew of mine who's still cooking right?  And I made that baby blanket and it's going to be great.  (I showed Brub and he was all super enthusiastic and he really loved it a lot.) And I thought I was all set right?

Nope.

Because a week after our shower they are having one of their own in Massachusetts.  And we got invited.  And we're going.  So that means another baby present.  And I'm all gah!  I can't just buy something after I've made something.  Okay, well, I totally could.  But...well, if you know me at all, you know I make stuff.  And on top of that, it seems like cheating to make a blanket and then just buy a present.  But I don't want to do another blanket, because that seems like cheating too.  So then, what to make? 

I'm thinking the hat and sweater combo.  I have some lovely yarn that's a delicious blue.  I just remembered it's in my stash.  And it's more than enough to accomplish what I want.  And it eliminates the whole problem I was having about finding a pattern because it's worsted weight...which a lot of the patterns I found are and the yarn that I thought I would use is DK weight, so I was getting frustrated because everything I found wouldn't work count-wise because it would end up smaller because the yarn was thinner.  But!  Since I remembered about the blue yarn, and it's a boy, and it's just a beautiful color...well then, that makes things a hell of a lot easier.  

Last time I made a baby sweater (I've only made the one) it was for a two year old and I made it in like a week.  This will be smaller, so I should be able to make it a hell of a lot faster.  And the hat.  And there we go.  Now that I've decided on using that yarn, it was easy enough to find easy patterns that I actually like.  So that's what I'll be doing tomorrow.

Because today, I'm babysitting.  And my bum has already been out of bed for a couple of hours.

And speaking of babies?  My coworker finally had her baby on Wednesday...only 13 days later than expect.  Paige Lynn weighed in at 8 pounds 9 ounces and mother and baby are doing well.  

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! You all have to give her two presents!

    I hope the baby knit goes well, at least you already have the wool and pattern. :) And how is the BFF's birthday gift coming along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the BFFs present and are are currently in a fight. If it doesn't cooperate soon, it's getting ripped out. Then it'll have no chance but to behave.

      I think the baby knits will go well. It's a pretty straight forward pattern. Fingers crossed!

      Delete