Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Gateway to Weekend

Thank the Lord, it's Friday again!

Mom's Kindle Fire stopped working.  No, that's not entirely right.  The touch screen was completely unresponsive.  Apparently, it's a thing with some of the Kindle Fire's.  Usually, resetting it makes it work just fine.  And I did get it to work for a few minutes once after a reset.  But it stopped working again.  So I contacted Amazon and they are sending a free replacement. As long as we return the damaged Kindle within thirty days, of course.  Mom's all on that.  She 's already printed out the return label (with paid postage and everything) and is all set to pack up the broken one in the new one's packaging and send it off.  It's sad that it stopped working, but I have to give the customer service rep and Amazon two thumbs up for the handling of the situation.

I cleaned the fish tank, but that was the only thing on the list that was the only thing on the list that I actually got accomplished.  Well, dealing with the Kindle situation was on the list too.  So that's two things!  Oh, and sending my latest edit back...hmm, I guess I did better than I thought.  

I'm still working on the time budget.  Haven't got it all worked out yet.

Some babysitting tomorrow and a trip to the farmer's market.  Sis and I really love going and walking through all the stalls and getting fresh produce.  The fruit usually grabs us.  We take the babies with us and that comes in handy because then we have places on the strollers to put the bags of things we buy.  Little man loves fruit so we can usually keep him occupied by giving him a pear or a banana to munch.  

There's a trip the gay bar tomorrow night that I'm still trying to get out of.  I do not like crowds.  We'll see how successful I am.  It's not looking too promising at the moment.

Tonight, the one thing I have absolutely budgeted is relaxation time.  It doesn't matter what I do, just that it's quiet and away from the hustle and bustle. I need to decompress a little.

I'm very much looking forward to that.   

2 comments:

  1. That's a shame about the Kindle Fire, I hope the new one comes soon.

    Enjoy your weekend, even Saturday night. :) Don't forget to budget in some nap time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kindle should be here on Monday. The weekend delays the whole two day delivery thing.

      And I never, ever forget nap time! I won't leave it out of the budget. And I'm certainly going to need one tomorrow! :)

      Have a splendid weekend!

      Delete