Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Moving

It's a pain in the ass, right?  A great big headache.  And there's packing and schlepping and all sorts of body aches to go along with it.  And then when you get your stuff to where it's going there's unpacking and sorting and arranging...it's really just a hassle.

But the good part about it is that you actually are forced to go through all the stuff you have accumulated and you have the perfect opportunity to get rid of things.  All that stuff that's really trash and you don't know why you've actually hung on to it?  Bin it.  All those clothes you haven't worn in years but are in still pretty good shape?  Off to Goodwill or the Rescue Mission.  

So it's a colossal pain in the bum but it's also a good thing.  You just have to constantly remind yourself that it'll all be worth in in the end when you're finally, finally, done.

That's what I'll be doing for the next week or so.  Packing, schlepping, unpacking, sorting.  
And reminding myself it'll be good once I'm finished.

5 comments:

  1. You're moving? Is that all of you or just you, yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just me...but I'm not going far. Moving from my cramped, tiny space to the converted attic space. I haven't even really started yet, but I'm already dreading the process

      Delete
  2. Kris!!!!! You'll be a writer in a garret!!!!!!

    How perfect is that??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good God in heaven, I love, love, love the way you think!!

      Delete
  3. You have to put the garret in your author biog! :D

    ReplyDelete