Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

I'm Baaaaaack!

But not in the creepy Poltergeist way.

Honestly, I'm not done with anything that I need to be done with and there's been a lot going on and a lot of it is really good stuff and some of it, not so much, and really every time in the last few days that I've sat down and opened a blank post and lifted my fingers to the keyboard I just...I had nothing to say.  I couldn't think of one damn single word I wanted to put on the page.  

Everything that did cross my mind seemed irrelevant or boring or, I don't know, trivial and I just couldn't write it down.  Those insecurities crept up and whispered, in that seductive way they have, "No one cares.  No one is interested in the babble you've spewed countless times already."  And so, there was nothing to say.  

I've told that voice to shove it.

So what's going on with me?

Yarn front: I have to put a couple more rounds on that baby blanket for my nephew.  We're having a baby shower here on Columbus Day weekend.  It's not on the registry, of course, and I have a sinking feeling she won't appreciate it.  But maybe she'll surprise me and love it.  I have not done any work on Sis's blanket.  Soon I'll get to start the BFF's birthday present and that will make me happy.  I'm looking forward to that. 

Moving front: Not done.  Not far from being done, but sort of at a stand still.  It's been crazy hot and humid the past couple of days and that has impeded my progress.  I need to get my ass in gear.  

Writing front:  Oooh!  So, I did the first round of edits on the short story for Dreamspinner Press and that was exciting and nerve wracking.  I'm trying to take each thing as a lesson to help improve my craft.  I've got the beginning of Daniel's story sorted out and it will go live on Monday.  I'm only 93% certain of the title, I'm still dithering a little.  But Brub helped me figure it out with his ginormous brain.  I have two other stories bouncing around in my head that are demanding page time.  They have to wait, and they aren't being incredibly patient about it.  But I'm managing for the moment.  

Work's fine, though a bit stressful right now.  Family is good.  Cats and tortoise and fish are all thriving.

Is that all my fronts?  *nods* Yeah, I think so.

And you?  How are your fronts?

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you back!!

    When is Columbus Day? Will you have a rush to get the baby blanket finished? She ought to appreciate something handmade with love! *nods firmly* Will Sis get her birthday blanket for Christmas, I wonder? lol.

    You'll get everything sorted with your move soon, I'm sure. Are you sleeping in your new room now?

    You've a lot on your plate just now, counting in all your writing and editing, no wonder you haven't felt up to blogging.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Columbus Day is October 14th (Thanksgiving in Canada) and we're having the shower on the 13th. I've only got about an hour or so worth of work on it, just to make it a little bigger (I needed to get more yarn) so I won't have to rush, exactly. Now finding all the missing parts in the move? That's another story entirely.

      I'll be all moved and sleeping up there either tonight or tomorrow night. I'm not looking forward to moving the fish tank as I'm going to have to catch the fish...sigh. I wish I had magic or house elves or something because I'm so ready to be done.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I hadn't thought of the fish, yes that's going to be tricky. Minions are what you need! lol

      Delete
    3. Oooooh! Want minions! Perfect solution!

      Delete