Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

State of Flux

The move is complete, though the settling has just begun.  Living in disarray is tiresome and I'm ready to have a place for everything and everything in it's place.  I sat down to knit Saturday night after I had finished moving everything in order to unwind a bit and relax before going to sleep...except before I could do that, I had to wade through boxes and bags and containers to locate Sis's blanket and haul it out.  By the time I got settled and started knitting, I only finished a couple of rows before I was falling asleep.  Kept my lap nice and warm though.  Although my new space is well insulated, it does get colder/hotter than the rest of the house.  I have a rock awesome space heater that will take of the problem when it gets real cold, but it seems pointless (and a little dangerous, so much stuff!) to pull it out now.  For now, it's slippers and an extra throw and possibly the motivation to finally make myself that pair of fingerless mitts that I've been intending to make for about six years.

But I'm tired and hurty because it's a lot of physical work, and my hamstrings still feel like cooked spaghetti when I walk down the stairs. And I'm more than ready for everything to be completely finished so that I don't have the anxiety anymore.  Anxiety to get it finished, sure...but also not knowing where anything is, and feeling unsettled, and just anxious for it to all be over. I can't get my brain to focus on the yarn or the boys when I'm constantly worried.  I think I repeated myself a little bit there, but that just goes to show how unfocused I am.  It's one thing if I've created the mess, it's another entirely when the mess is beyond my control.  So, yeah, very ready to be settled.

My regular routine has been interrupted and I don't function well when that happens. But I'm pushing through and in a week or two, I should be relatively settled and back in my routine with only a few subtle changes.

Have I whined enough yet?

At any rate, if there's one thing that's positive from this whole ordeal is that there was plenty of time to get lost in my head while physically carrying stuff and painting...spent a good portion of Saturday envisioning cable patterned gauntlets (might have actually made a decision too!) and a good deal of Sunday letting plot bunnies run wild while painting.  At least it made the time fly.  And as soon as I get a chance, I'm writing those plot bunnies down!

2 comments:

  1. (((Kris)))

    I hope you do get everything in its place before too long and can relax and enjoy your new aerie at the top of the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping! I'm ready to work like crazy just to get it done...if only I could get a bit of cooperation from the other interested parties!

      Thanks for those hugs. And hugs right back! Big ones at that!

      Delete