Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Yarning News

Yes, I do, in fact, still yarn.  I know it seems like I've got so much going on in all the other aspects of my life that I don't have time for that anymore.  But I do, sometimes, still yarn.  Especially when it's been a while and I start to miss it.  It's like a missing limb...or worse, a torso.

Anyway, last night I watched TV and finished the baby blanket for Brub's baby.  So no rushing for it to be done before the baby shower!  Go me!  I had to locate the parts (ie: the extra yarn I bought) but I sat down and worked until I was out of yarn.  So it's bigger.  Do you remember which one it is?  The star pattern one from the day of yarning about five months ago.  It was just after we found out that there would be a baby and I had bought that lovely yarn I couldn't leave on the shelf in the store.  I bought the "girly" color and the "boyish" color because I didn't know what my coworker was having.  And I hoped that she would have one gender and my brother's girlfriend would have the other.  And that's exactly what happened!  (BTW, the coworker has yet to give birth to her little girl.  She was due last Thursday.  She's very tired of waiting)  So, yeah.  When I "finished" it before, I didn't think it was quite big enough, it really needed a few more inches.  So one day while I was out, I picked up another skein of the yarn so I could put on a few more round.  And now?  Finished!

I also finally got the curtains hung so at least the light won't be sneaking in while I sleep anymore and waking me up.  Feels a little homier now too.  But it was a freaking bitch to install and I was swearing up a blue streak.  The directions weren't clear and it's a good thing I basically knew what I was doing or else I would have been completely lost. 

I wrote a little too, but not as much as I would have liked, the yarn was calling my name like a seductive temptress.  But the curtain is up and I slept well and I finished that blanket!  

3 comments:

  1. That star pattern is lovely. It's going to be the 'star' of the baby shower! lol
    And it was sun seeing the cute cactus pin cushion again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *g* Thanks. I love it a lot so I hope she does too!

      And that cactus makes me smile too!

      Delete