Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Random Thoughts and Observations

After the freakish cold of earlier this week, it's starting to warm up again.  It's because I actually dug out and set up the space heater.  I take heart in the fact that it will get cold again sooner rather than later.

I'm torn about what the BFF's birthday present is going to be.  I thought I had it all figured out but then a thought just occurred to me that would be pretty awesome.  Same thing, but different pattern.  I can't make a decision. I hate it when I'm dithering.

Sis's blanket got a few more rows on it. I promised it to her quicker than the last one but...yeah, I don't know if that's going to happen.  Next year, she totally getting cash.  I'm a bad sister for always putting her project on the back burner to do other things.

My goddaughter's birthday is in November.  I have this fanciful notion of it being a thing that I always make her something for her birthday.  If that's the case, then I need to get cracking.  

I've always got another project on the horizon, it seems.  Something else I want to make more than whatever I'm making at the moment, a different story I want to write than the one I'm working on.  If someone would stop feeding the plot bunnies, I might be able to get something accomplished.  (Don't really stop feeding the bunnies, I love that you do!)

Speaking of writing...Second Blessing is shaping up to be a good time.  I'm really liking these guys!

I really need to clean the fish tank. That's my first order of business when I get home tonight.  It's going to be fun carting the water up and down the stairs.  *insert sarcasm here*

My second order of business is to write out a detailed time budget.  I'm going to do a few days at a time and see just how well I can stick to it.  I need a little extra discipline in my life right now.  There are a lot of things that need to be budgeted in but if I think too much about it right now, I'm going to get overwhelmed.

I absolutely need to find a better arrangement for what's plugged in to which outlet.

I also really want some cookies.

   

2 comments:

  1. A time budget - that's interesting. Do you mean you'll allocate an hour for this, 2 hours for that and so on? I like that idea, I've not come across it before. Maybe I'll give it a go too, knowing that I only have to do a thing for a set time might mean I'd get stuff done.

    Going up and down these extra stairs is a good keep-fit routine for you, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I didn't make time budgeting up. And I need to write it down bc I work better with lists. But yeah, basically, you spend a certain amount of time doing a certain task, and then you can move on to the next thing. It's something you don't want to do, you can console yourself with the "only x amount of time left" thoughts. And if its something you enjoy, you don't get sucked in and then get nothing else accomplished. We'll see how it works. Cross your fingers for me!

      Delete