Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

September Again

Almost went to the yarn store yesterday.  So close.  I know, right?  Like I need more yarn.  Although I do have to make the BFF's birthday present.  I've only got two and half months and I'd like to have them done and not have to scramble...that was a really nice feeling.  I'd forgotten how good it felt just to have something done and waiting until last Friday when I had to wrap the baby blanket for my coworkers baby shower.  I'm going to aim for that again.  And my LYS is having a great big sale to make room for fall yarns...

Oh, speaking of fall!  It's September!  Yay!  Autumn is my favorite season.  I really love it.  I'm not a fan of the heat and humidity of summer.  And winter is fine, except when we have those blizzards and eight feet of snow.  Spring is often too wet for my liking.  But fall is just about perfect in every way.  And the apples come out and apple picking is one of my favorite weekend activities.  Followed by baking all the delectable apple treats.  

I've been working on Sis's afghan (go me, I really need to get that shit done) and so my goal is to get a lot done today.  If I accomplish my goal, I just may have to reward myself with a trip to the LYS tomorrow.  Take advantage of the sale and get the yarn for the BFF's present and get yarn for fingerless mitts for me.  I've only been intending to make a pair for myself for about five years.  We'll see how well I do.  

Oh, and within the next week or so, I intend to submit another story to Dreamspinner.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I like Autumn too. Spring and Autumn are my favourite seasons.

    Wishing you tons of luck! Not that you need it 'cos you have skillz!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take that luck, because, yeah, I am going to need it. :)

      And isn't autumn just lovely? It makes me happy. A lot.

      Delete