Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Self Control and Change

When I left work last night, and after I stopped at the bank, I had to actually force myself NOT to go to the yarn store.  Because I seriously wanted to.  Desperately wanted to go shopping at the yarn store.  It was like...it was the oranges all over again.  Remember the oranges?  Now, seriously, I know that I don't need anymore yarn.  And I've got enough projects in the pipeline to keep me occupied for a while, right?  But it was this driving need to go shopping at my LYS.  I actually drove out of the bank the back way so I was pointed in the opposite direction and less tempted.  Okay, I wasn't really less tempted, but it would have been a bitch to take a left out of there and I try to avoid those kinds of turns whenever possible.  So I went home instead.

And then I made myself a deal.  After I finish the move, and get the old place cleaned and painted, then I can treat myself.  Not that it would be yarn for a project for me because that hardly seems to happen at all.  But just shopping and seeing all the lovely things and buying something sumptuous and fabulous would be a treat.  I will buy yarn for the BFF's birthday present.  And maybe for this other project I have in my head.  

So now I'm determined to get everything done so I can shop.  It always works well for me if I have a motivation!

One thing about the move though?  I'm excited about it and I know I'll be happy once it's done, but I'm also sort of reluctant too.  Now I know I'm not a big fan of change.  But it sort of feels like I'm losing something vital by doing it.  *shrugs*  There's been a lot of change in my life recently.  A lot of it is good.  Most of it in fact.  But I'm also sort of set in my ways and it's hard.  I just need to take a deep breath and keep pressing forward.  I'll be okay.  I think.  

2 comments:

  1. As long as your boyz move with you, you'll be ok. :)

    Good luck for getting everything done this weekend so you can indulge yourself in the yarn shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *snickersnort* As if I could get ride of the boys!

      Thanks for the luck, I have a feeling I'm going to need it!

      Delete