Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, July 4, 2014

4th of July

What are you doing for the fourth?

I think I've heard that question about seventy million times over the past week.  It seems like that's what everyone wants to know.  And when I answer honestly--reading a book and having lunch with the BFF followed by chill time--they stare at me like I'm crazy.

No, I'm not barbecuing.  No, I'm not going to the lake.  No, I have no intention of going to a fireworks display.  

Yes, it's the celebration of the declaration of independence.  Let me be independent and do my own thing.

So in this case, I'm mostly just looking forward to having the day off from work so that I can get some much needed hang time with the awesome BFF.  I don't need any more than that.  I don't have a particular hankering for grilled meat products and the sun and I don't get along at all.  Why would I do something I don't enjoy just because that's what everyone else is doing?  Doesn't make sense to me.  

So that's what I'm doing today.  Lunch out, hanging out, enjoying the relaxing time.

But if you're celebrating, I wish you a lovely holiday.  

2 comments: