Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Book Comfort

Alder and Helena: drop me an email and you get a prezzie!  A $10 gift card to the e-tailer of your choice!  Huzzah!

For the first time ever, I actually have books in my TBR pile.  Normally, you see, I buy the books and then read them right away.  I only buy when I'm looking for something to read, and I make a note if there's a title that I want but don't have a chance to read yet.  Some of that is due to money, I can't go crazy buying ALL THE BOOKS, but mostly it's just personal preference.  When there's a book sitting unread on my Kindle, it's like it's taunting me, and I have a desperate need to read it.

In the last couple of months, that's changed.  

Now that I'm reviewing, I get the books directly from Jay to read.  And she sends them when she gets them from the publisher or author.  And even though there's a part of my brain that's like "Books!  Read!" I do have other things going on in my life, and I have to be responsible and manage my time.  Not to mention there are other books that come out that, though I'm not reviewing them, I want to read.  lol.  So, there are books waiting for me to read them.

And weirdly, that's sort of comforting.  Knowing that I can pick up my kindle and have something new to read whenever I want.  When I need a break from all the "other" going on, I can start reading.  

I am enjoying the hell out of that.  

2 comments:

  1. You're very kind, and thank you very much, but I'd feel mean taking your money! I enjoy reading your post and your reviews, and that's reward enough. I'm glad that you're enjoying having a TBR!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not mean if I offer :)

      Thanks for what you said, that's really nice to hear!

      Delete