Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Early Nap

I was up before six this morning.  Wide awake, staring at the ceiling, ready to start my day.  Oh I tried to roll over and sleep some more, but it just wasn't happening.  That's what I get for going to sleep at nine thirty last night.

God, I'm boring.

Anyway, I got out of bed and got my coffee.  I futzed around a bit on the web, and then got to work.  I've made some really good progress on some things I'm working on.  Actually managed to write a synopsis for my WIP.  One step closer to being done.  A few more tweaks and edits on the MS itself, and then....then I have to get up the guts to submit it somewhere.  Soon.  

But now I'm sleepy, and I've only been up for four hours.  I think my nap will happen earlier than usual today.  I want to finish the bit I'm working on, and then I'll crawl back into bed for a couple of hours.  

I want to point out that this is actually working too.  Because in those moments as I'm not really awake, but not quite asleep yet...those moments are when I do some of my best thinking.  The characters like to show me scenes then.   I'll replay them while I drift off, and then when I wake up, I'm usually in a good place to write. 

This one is almost done, and I have a bit of an idea for the next one.  I'm letting that one percolate some more.  I'm missing some details I need to work out before I try to get it on the page.  

But the end for my current boys is nigh.  I can feel it.  And I'm getting anxious.  Both to have the completed project, and because I have to let them go. They've only been living in my head for a few months, but they are mine and so that's tough.  

But after I finish this part I'm working on, and then a nap, I'm going to sit down with TV and yarn.  And that, right there, will be good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment