Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Glorious Day

So Sis and I were up and out a reasonable hour this morning.  Found the new location of yarn store without trouble, walked up to the front door to see Lucy (the bulldog) and the owner's son on the wee porch.  Lucy loves people and went nuts.  I gave her lots of pets and told her she was a sweet girl.  I called her by name, which the owner's son thought was funny.  "Oh, so you've been here before huh?"

It's got a different layout inside, but I even like it better.  Still a great little place and lots of new yarns.  I actually fell back on one of my favorites Rowan (I got the color Seasalter) and a couple of balls of Marmot by Berroco (in colorway Spinel).  It's all for me.  I swear up and down.  The Rowan will be made into a hat because I don't have one yet (crazy, because I've made a bunch of them) that's all slouchy so that if I have my hair all down my back or up in a bun, I can wear it no matter what.  And the other is super soft and lovely to the touch, so that's going to be a short scarf/neck warmer.  Also for me.  

I also spent a stupid amount of money on needles, but they are my favorite kind, Addi Turbo, and I needed the sizes so I got them.  I'm well pleased but I have to avoid some frivolous shopping for a while.

After shopping, we went to Target real quick so Sis could pick up some stuff.  And then we went to lunch.  Oh my god.  The food was so good and I ate way too much, and so did Sis and it was all "UUUUUUGGGGGHHHH!" when we were done but it was worth it.  

And then I came home and took a nap.  And that right there was seriously awesome.

But now I'm awake and even though I need to make things that are other, you know, like the BFF's other mitts, or even the shawl I started for myself and didn't finish (I'm frogging that and starting over) I'm going to sit down in a minute and make either the hat or the neck warmer.  Probably the hat.  Cause fun.  I'm going to find something to watch and spend the rest of the evening/night yarning.  It's going to be great.  

2 comments:

  1. Aw, glad you had a great time in the yarn store. I hope you did get your hat finished last night..you are going to post a picture for us, aren't you? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hat is not quite half done, but I'll absolutely post pictures when it gets finished! :)

      Delete