Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Anticipation

Sometimes anticipation is half the fun.  That build up to the actual even, the excitement, makes it all the sweeter when it actually happens.  

Sometimes, though?  Not so much.

I have half a mind to drag Sis to the Ren Faire this weekend instead of next.  There is very little holding me back.  If my new shirt arrives today like it's maybe going to, I don't know what will keep me from doing it.  Except...yeah, the special events of next weekend's Highland Fling are better and more fun that this weekend's pirate theme.  

Except I really, really, really want to go.  

I tried on my dress the other night and was surprised to find that it is now ever so slightly too big.  I knew I'd been losing a bit of weight, which is great.  My clothes were definitely fitting better.  But that dress?  Well, it's not like I can just run out and get a new one.  First of all, it was hella expensive, because it was handmade, and since I only wear it maybe twice a year, it is still practically new.  On the one hand, I can actually breathe in it (the top has boning, like a corset) and that's pretty fabulous.  On the other hand there are...certain parts of my anatomy, that no longer stay where they are supposed to and the result is less than flattering.  There are some tricks that I can do, and a little sewing perhaps, that will make it fit better.  It'll get me through this year, at any rate.  If I keep losing weight, we'll have to reevaluate for next year.

At any rate, I'm horrible at waiting, and the anticipation is nearly going to kill me :)

I'll just have to distract myself this weekend with words.  I've got work much work to be done on that front and that is a good thing.  

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, pirates!!! Pirates buckling their swash! What could be better?! :)

    Well done on the weight loss. But I can see why you're anxious about your Ren Faire dress. Can you put in some darts or take in side seams, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. We're going to miss the swash buckling...she's vetoed going this weekend. Have to hang on till next. lol

      The side seams are tricky because of the way it's made. I'll have Sis take a look, but I think I'm just going to have to suck it up and stuff it.

      Delete