Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, July 18, 2014

The Traverse

So my cousin and her kids showed up on Wednesday night because they were flying out of our airport early the next morning to go back to Colorado for a visit.  

They arrive, hugs and kisses all around, and then my sister says "Your cousin broke her car."

I cocked an eyebrow at Sis.   Sis gave a put upon sigh.  "She was turning onto our street and then, bam! Grinding and squealing."  

I just shook my head.  Couldn't be as bad as all that.  I said, "I'll take a listen when we move the cars around later."

Yep.  Grinding and squealing, and not just a little.  I walked back into the house and said to Sis,  "Your cousin broke her car."

Sis laughed.  "How bad?"

I just shook my head again.  "Bad enough that if she wants it to go to the dealer for repairs, we should have it towed.  It's probably just the ball bearings, which shouldn't have gone on a car that only has 18,000 miles on it, but if it's worse, I don't want to drive it."

So while the cousin is visiting relatives, Sis and I are having her car towed to the dealership so it can get fixed.  

The sad part?  It's a Chevy Traverse, and I absolutely love driving it, and I had permission to do so whenever I wanted while she was gone, except it's now out of commission so I don't get to.  *pout*

The good news?  If it's really just the ball bearings like I think it is, then it's a quick and relatively easy fix.  I'm just glad that I'm not the one to have to pay for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment