Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Nationals!

It's Nationals weekend!  Yay!!

Oh wait, you don't know what that means?  It means that Kris gets to drool incessantly over all the pretty cars! :D

Nationals is a big car show we have in the area every summer.  Classic cars and trucks of every make and model flood the area, driving around and distracting me.  Perfectly restored, pristine condition, beautiful cars.  There's even a hotel on my drive to work where a lot of the participants stay so I get to see even more than usual.

This morning I saw a bright yellow roadster circa 1930 that nearly made me crash.  (Okay, not really. I'm exaggerating.  But it was pretty.)

I'm a car girl, you know this.  I come by it honestly, because my mother is a car girl too.  We like to play the game when we're driving, "Mom!  What's that one?" "It's gotta be a '57 because after '58 the fins were a little bit different on the Buick." (Or something like that, I'm paraphrasing)

One time I was stopped at a red light behind a '40's era Ford pickup and I had to snap a picture to send to Mom.  We bot love the classics and it's a real treat to see them all shiny and pretty and well cared for.  

I don't go to the show at the fair grounds--too many people and I get anxious--but I get to spend the next three days seeing all the lovely car eye candy!

1 comment: