Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Weird Morning

It started after a rough night's sleep.  Just kept waking up for no reason.

The power went out for a couple of minutes---not sure why--and I only noticed because the sudden cessation of sound woke me up.  It only lasted a minute or two, and then everything whirred to life again.  When I finally got out of bed a little while later, the clocks, of course, were blinking.  Do you remember my clock that somehow got set in 24 hour time?  And I tried everything I could think of to get it to go back to regular time?  I even unplugged it, but no joy.  Except, apparently, after the power blinked out, it went back.  Only now I've gotten used to it, and when I look and it's NOT 24 hour time, I'm all confused.  And since I don't know how I did it in the first place, I can't make it go back.  *heavy sigh*

Then, I couldn't get out of the house.  I mean, of course I eventually did.  But the front door was...stuck.  It seemed like the latch was stuck, but even when I managed to get that popped open, the door still wouldn't open.  I triple and quadruple checked that it wasn't locked, but no matter what, I couldn't get it open.  Eventually, I didn't have time to mess with it anymore and went out the side door, letting my sister know there was an issue.  A little while later I got a text saying that she fixed it.  I glowered.  I guess it was just a bit swollen in the frame, or the frame was swollen around the door, or something, because she tugged, pushed, put on a little pressure, and now it works fine.  

Yes, after the weird morning, I seriously considered just crawling back into bed because the oddness of it has totally thrown me off my game.  Just hiding away until the day was over and then I could start fresh tomorrow.  But I'm up and out, and I'll make do.  

Hope your day is off to a better start than mine!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, definitely weird! I hope your day settled down after that....

    ReplyDelete