Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Aw Damn!

Somehow, because of all the stuff that's been going on, I forgot one very important thing: Mom's birthday!

It occured to me, rather out of the blue this afternoon, that I have 13 days till her birthday.  It's the day after the christening.  So, in the next two weeks, I need to make something for Mom and finish the baby's blanket.  Yes, yes, I know.  I always do this to myself.  Leave things till the last minute (even though this time it was unintentional) and then scramble like a mad woman to get things done.  Fortunately, I have all that left over yarn from the lapghan I made for my coworker last month and red is Mom's signature color.  I'm making a wrap.  The pattern is easy and goes fast because it's fat yarn.  Essentially, it's just a rectangle that's 60" by about 40" with a split up the middle on the front half so it sits nicely around the neck and shoulders.

I started working on it tonight and even though I've put it aside for now, I think I'll be able to get it done by the weekend.  Or, more likely, on the weekend.  And then I have to finish that baby blanket because I want to take it in to work for show and tell.  My lunch girls would love to see it in person.  I was telling them a little bit about it today.  We like to share projects with each other to share tips and tricks we've learned while working on them.  And, of course, we love to ooh and ahh over each others talent.  

But because of the looming deadlines, I'm going to have to discipline myself a bit.  Get home and get to work.  No playing around on the internet and books are going to have to take a backseat for a bit.  My wallet will be happy about that last fact.  I've always worked well under pressure.  It's sort of my superpower.  Please, superpower, don't fail me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment