Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Birthday Sis!

Twenty nine years ago today, I became a big sister.  When the new baby arrived, she brought me a blue purse with a cabbage patch doll face on it and I decided my parents had her just for me.  I was an obnoxious three year old, trying my mother's patience with every word that came out of my mouth, telling her how to take care of the baby.  I was precocious.

Sis and I haven't always gotten along.  But mostly we have and I love her to bits and pieces even when she's annoying the piss out of me.  She'd tell you that's her job as the little sister.  But I'm glad she's in my life.  Happy Birthday, Sis!

Since her "party" was yesterday, I showed her her present.  I was right, she did know something was up because of the whole yarn debacle, but she had no clue, no clue, what it was.  When she saw it, she nearly had a heart attach she was so excited about it.  "Kris!  OH MY GOD! Kris!  You're knitting it?!  OHMIGOD OHMIGOD OHMIGOD!  This is awesome!"  Or something to that effect.  I was pleased.  And she said she didn't even care if it took me a year to finish it and could it please be huge so she can snuggle up in it?  I'm contemplating honoring that request and making it as long as it is wide.  We'll see. 

In other news, I ordered the yarn for Toby's fingerless mitts Saturday.  I think I only over bought a little.  But it's nice yarn so any extra can go into the stash.  It'll get used.  It's the same stuff that I used to make the Tom Baker-esque scarf so it can go in that pile and I can make another scarf someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment