Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Hoping for a Quiet Weekend

The weekend again, which is a lovely thing.  

I've spent a great deal of time listening to the voices the past few days.  Not getting a whole lot down on the page, but listening to them nonetheless.  Plotting, if you will.  Seeing if things work.  The plot bunnies have been running rampant and breeding like, well, bunnies.  We'll see what comes of it.  I've adopted a less strict attitude where the voices are concerned.  Maybe a little...lackadaisical?  Let them say what they want and plot and scheme as they will and not try to force anything or get too wrapped up in what should be.  I think that some of the problems I've had where writing is concerned has been caused by the pressure I put on myself.  I'm trying this approach now to see where it leads.  The first step is the listening.  I haven't quite figured out if the muse is happy with this tactic or against it.  Very vocal, of late, my muse.  But I don't know if that's because it's working or because she's angry. 

My beloved Aunt's birthday is tomorrow.  I'm working on a braided scarf.  It's sorta nifty.  Crochet four sections of the same length and then sort of...weave them together.  It looks very cool when done and I have some fabulous homespun hanging out that makes it very cuddly.  

Tato and I were going to see Les Miserable this weekend, but something came up so we're going next instead.  I don't care when, as long as I get to see it.  Les Mis holds a special place in my heart because it was the very first show I ever saw on Broadway.  I was 16.  It is still, to this day, one of the most awesome experiences of my life.  

So, I'm settling in for a quiet weekend, though I do hope it will be productive in the yarn and/or the writing departments.  At the very least, I will finish that scarf!

No comments:

Post a Comment