Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Godmothering

Have I ever mentioned that I have a very, very, large family?  I do.  Grandma had 11 kids...there are 36 grandchildren (of which I am number 32), there are upwards of 60 great grandchildren, and at least 12 great, great grandchildren.  That's a lot of people.  

One of the great great grandchildren is about to become my goddaughter.

Last night, I received a call from my cousin, who asked me very nicely if I would be her second child's godmother.  I was so honored!  Of course, I said yes.  I've been sort of on a cloud of happy ever since.  I love this little girl to bits and pieces anyway.  And to have this honor on top of it?  I can't stop smiling.  And Brub is going to be her godfather, which is awesome and fun too!

Of course, immediately, my muse started planning a blanket to go with her christening gift.  I've found a lovely pattern that's lacy and pretty.  It's made from individual motifs that are joined as you work so that there's no sewing at the end.  I love that!  And I think I'm going to work it in a heavier weight with a bigger hook just so that it's larger.  The baby 14 months old already and I want her to get some use out of it, you know?

Look for pictures in the near future!  I've only got a month to complete it!

No comments:

Post a Comment